Typing and searching on search engines online is now something that we cannot do without, especially when it comes to looking up for information online. As much as we would like to think that it is enough, the features of voice-activated search and image-activated search are leaving behind typing in queries, and gradually turning out to be the new favorite.
Top brands have every intention to remain on top and they try their best to deliver excellent customer experience by keeping up with technology and offering their clients the methods to get what they’re looking for, in the most convenient ways.
Let’s see how image and voice-activated search will help the business grow among users who are constantly searching for information, entertainment, etc. on the internet:
- Image-Activated Search: This method involves the use of images to look-up information relating to the searched image. One doesn’t have to enter in a query or type in anything relating to the image for the results. Here’s how it can help your business:
- If you map keyword categories and themes to your images, it will help attract the users who prefer searching with images.
- Image searches involve connecting through internal links especially if the images are updates across all search engines.
- Image-activated searches give you higher traffic and more productive leads. It helps in giving you better results in terms of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMO (Social Media Optimization)
Google uses lens such as Pinterest, Target, Nordstrom and more to look up relating information, or similar images. What you would need to do; to be found when an image relating to your business is searched for, consistently brand your business, and structure your data accordingly.
- Voice-Activated Search: This method of search is also gaining popularity with platforms like OK Google and Siri being introduced. Speech recognition technology is now better than ever. Users do not have to type in queries or upload images to look for information they need. Here’s how it can help your business:
- You can personalize product recommendations with the help of this search method.
- Customer service requests can be made quicker and you would be able to respond to your customers more appropriately.
Google and Apple are the main players that offer excellent voice-activated search technology to the common public. According to Techcrunch 1 in 6 American prefer to use this method of searching now, and Google has shown that almost 50% of all searches are voice searches. It’s only a while before it reaches a 100!
Your business needs to be up-to-date with the latest technologies, however, it should also be compatible with the basic method of searching that is still a religion among many across the globe.