If you’re planning to set up a website for your business, a proper research on how it should look and feel could be the right way to begin. An ideal website should be user-friendly, quick in navigation and impressive in functionality.
Here are 5 features of an ideal website:
- Content: As they say, ‘Content is King’, this is a proven fact. Your website would rank better, would have lesser bounce rate and higher user engagement if the content is worth a read or share. Keep these few things in mind while deciding on the content you wish to upload:
- The relevancy of the content is very important. Your users should want to visit your website again especially for the content.
- Tips, rare information and professionalism in content are what users mainly look for. Make sure your website doesn’t miss out on any of them.
- Performance: The performance of the website is considered to be good if it ranks high on search engines. Google, for example, ranks websites that users prefer for visiting and sharing on social media. You can enhance the performance of the website in the following ways:
- Ensure that the speed is good. Users do not prefer waiting if the pages are too slow in loading. Your website should not take more than 2 seconds to load.
- The other important point is to make it responsive. When your customer clicks on Call-to-Action buttons, they should get an immediate response.
- Reliability: This is one of the most important features of an ideal website. Your users indirectly depend on you to get on-time updates and notifications related to their requirements. If you have a news website and a user has signed up to get daily news, your website should be reliable enough to notify the user of the relevant news update. Here are some things you can keep in mind:
- Offer a timely update notification option only if you can deliver.
- Your website should be up and running 24×7 and should be accessible to users without any restrictions on the location.
- Security: Online scams and cyber crimes have made it difficult for genuine websites to earn the trust of their customers. Make sure your website maintains a standard security procedure.
- Ensure that your website uses SSL encryption and follows the industry guidelines of security.
- Maintain an up-to-date registration and password security system.
- Professional Design: This is another very important feature of an ideal website. Business is competitive, and you definitely require a web design that is simple yet professional. Make sure of the following points:
- Choose an appearance after giving it a serious thought and according to the opinions of experts.
- Keep a simple interface, so that your customers do not get confused.
- The distribution of content and graphics should be balanced, and the colors mustn’t be too contrasting.
A website is a public application and hence it should possess the most important features to be liked by users and to rank high on search engines. The above features of an ideal website cannot be ignored especially if you want your website to deliver an excellent result within your target period.