In today’s world of technology, one must be visiting several websites during surfing the net. But for how much time does the website is able to hold the interest of the customer?
Before coming towards reasons for what makes a customer leave your website? Let us first know some basics about what website is, a website has many functions and can be used in various fashions. It is the placement of related data, web pages, multimedia content at a common place that can be identified with a domain name and stored at least on one web server. Eg Google.com, Amazon.com etc.
A website are of 2 types, static website and interactive website. Static website only display the information but does not involve any kind of engagement with visitor or user directly. The interactive website allows the interactivity with the site owner and site visitors.
Let us see some stats about user experience on some websites. User experience has a very broad impact on web design, conversion and overall business. So it is very crucial to understand user experience.
1) 85% of visitors thinks that company’s mobile website should be equivalent, or better than their website viewed on desktop.
2) 52% of the user said that bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with the company.
3) 40% of people left the website because it took more than 3 seconds to load.
4) 86% of visitor want to see information about company’s product or services.
5) 65% of visitors want to see contact information.
6) 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information.
Some of the common reasons why people leave your website
- Design is outdated: It is very necessary to update your website on a timely basis. The outdated design is a major reason for people leaving your website
- Content is not pleasant to read: Content written on your website should be easy to understand and organized in a proper manner so that visitor can get easily connected with the information on the website.
- Overwhelming people with ads: Removing ads completely from the website is not a good option, but just because you need to have ads that do not mean you need to have it everywhere.
- Videos on site auto play: Today customer prefers to choose what how and when they will consume online content.
- Unnecessary popups and redirects: Hardly any customer clicks on these pop-ups out of interest. But there are several websites which have either sign up pop-ups or advertisements related pop-ups leaves website visitors frustrated and force them to leave the websites.
- Website takes too long to load: Website taking anytime more than 4 secs. to load, then should be considered as slow in “Internet Time”.